Life on Cottage Hill: PAGES

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Audrey Danielle

In a little over 4 months we will welcome our most beautiful baby girl, Audrey Danielle, into this world. I can't tell you how in love I am with her already and in love I am with all of the dreams I have for her. It's amazing to me how once you know there is this tiny little person growing inside of you, you realize that you have already loved them your entire life, just waiting for them to become a part of you even though they've always been a part of your heart. This must be the way God loves us- unconditionally before we even existed. Life just wouldn't be complete now without Dan, Jackson and Audrey. 


Audrey: When you read this someday I want you to know how much pride and sober responsibility I feel knowing that I am bringing you into this world. I felt this with Jackson too, but I think the 'responsibility' piece feels even stronger knowing that I am to show you how to be a woman in this world. I'm sure this is the same thing your Dad feels knowing that it is his job to teach Jackson to be a man who is loving, respectful, strong and honorable. I have been thinking a lot the past few days about this, knowing that I am going to be your primary example of what being a 'woman' means- I pray that God will give me strength, confidence and patience as I dig deep to give you the absolute best example possible. 


We love you so much, Audrey. I wish you could see the smile that erupts on your brother's face when we talk about his "sistuh" - it is enormous and yet still only a fraction of what I feel in my heart every time I feel you move inside of me. 


All our love,
Mama, Daddy & Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...