Life on Cottage Hill: PAGES

Thursday, June 30, 2011

grandpa charlie

Today we will say goodbye to Grandpa Charlie. A man who undoubtedly lead a full life. I love this photo from almost exactly a year ago- doing what he loved to do best, tell baseball stories, from the days when he played in the minors with some of history's greatest. And as much as he loved to tell them, I think Dan loved even more to hear them. I was not fortunate enough to know Dan's grandma Sue, but I feel like I know her through Grandpa Charlie and through the family they built together- one that continues to grow in size, but never grows apart. Jackson most likely won't remember his times with Grandpa Charlie and Audrey will never meet him at all... but he knew them and loved them both and there is no doubt in my mind that they'll know him through the stories Dan will keep alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...