Life on Cottage Hill: PAGES

Sunday, June 3, 2012

put it in the bucket.

Life lately has been a bit of a whirlwind. I've been back to work full-time now for a month and I don't think I've ever been more in love with what I do. At the same time, I've never been busier at work either. Pairing that up with taking care of Jackson and Audrey, making time for Dan, staying in shape, etc etc etc... well, it's all amazing, good stuff and I wouldn't want it any other way, but this past week was really hard. 


I had a really jam-packed week at work, including some big presentations and fast-moving deadlines, Dan was working a weird shift at work so I was on my own with the babies most of the time and then Audrey got sick. Like, really sick. Long story short, two pediatrician appointments and a trip to the ER behind us and she's finally acting more like herself today. Unfortunately, now it appears to be Jackson's turn with these nasty germs. And lets just say he's a little more high maintenance when it comes to being a sick patient. 


All rules have gone out the window in an attempt to keep him happy. He's loving the newly-found freedom to watch TV and eat ice cream. I'm not so much loving the very, very little sleep that has been a part of this chaos and the feeling of being pulled in so many directions, all of which are absolutely necessary and yet impossible to tend to at the same time. 


It takes a lot to overwhelm me and this week I was truly overwhelmed. I definitely know that God was trying to teach me something these past few days, I'm not sure what it is, but I'm positive whatever he has in mind makes it all worth it. So, with that faith we'll get over this little hurdle. 


In attempt to not let this coming week go by in a blur again, I am going to replicate something I I saw a couple of weeks ago and instantly fell in love with the idea- of a mini-bucket list for the week. So, here's mine:


1. 5 really solid, hard runs. The kind that leave me exhausted and on a total high. 
2. To sign Jackson and I up for mommy & me swimming lessons.
3. To have a date with Dan. Even if it's at home once the babies are in bed (assuming they'll actually sleep at some point this week!?)
4. To take the babies to the park one evening after work and have a picnic. 
5. To eat as cleanly as possible- I think I forgot to eat in general most of the time last week and it left me feeling gross. 
6. To plan 3 new adventures to go on this summer. 
7. To read books with Jackson in the hammock.
8. Hit up our first farmer's market of the season.

Here is to a new week full of new opportunities, new adventures, new memories...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...