Life on Cottage Hill: PAGES

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

the power of balance

Life has been pretty heavy lately- both for the good and the not-so-good. We have experienced a lot of loss while at the same time celebrating daily that we are one day closer to meeting our beautiful Audrey. We have been getting caught up in the chaos that comes along with a major home addition project, dodging the piles of toys that we just don't have time to pick up some days, while still taking the time to take deep breaths together to just be as a family. We have been working like crazy, always moving forward, yet standing solid and unwavering in that our little family comes first- every single time. It's called balance. And the more I live the more I believe it's one of the biggest, yet most simple, secrets of life.


I have dealt with anxiety my entire life. It seemed to just be a part of the package that is me- the me who is always trying to be the absolute best at everything. And you know what, I think I'm okay with that. I'm okay with feeling those creeping feelings of anxiety because I'm learning to flip them on their head and use them for the better. To remind me to slow down or speed up, to spend more time here and less time there, to focus on that instead of this... to find my balance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...