Life on Cottage Hill: PAGES

Sunday, December 16, 2012

DC Continued: Arlington.

There were so many parts of DC that I loved, so many places I had envisioned so many times in my life and then to see them finally in person was incredible. The little girl in me who had written to The President multiple times, the one who had pictured herself countless times as The President came out again inside. I was in total awe. One place in particular surprised me with how much it made me think, how much it made me feel. Arlington Cemetery was bittersweet- it was an honor to walk among so many who had paid the ultimate price for America, who were the epitome of greatness, but at the same time it made me question so much who I am, what I am doing, what I am doing myself to better this country of ours. Lots of questions burning, not a lot of answers just yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...