Life on Cottage Hill: PAGES

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

2013: Resolutions

It's the most wonderful time of the year... time to make resolutions! Hello (almost), 2013! I love any reason to make new goals, to evaluate where I am and where I want to be, but doing it at the beginning of a new year is like the granddaddy of all goal-making, especially when you add in a fresh, new planner to capture it all in. A little bit of heaven is what that is. 

I tend to get a little carried away with setting goals and so I wanted to keep myself somewhat focused this year, so I decided to build my resolutions around my word of the year which is "Intentional." I want to be intentional with how I use my time, how I spend my energy and how we manage our finances. To me, being intentional means being in the moment, soaking up the best stuff in life and not allowing the unimportant to distract me from the things that I really care about. 

The Resolutions:
1. Do 1 Random Act of Kindness each week. This is also a way to teach Jackson & Audrey about giving to others more than we give to ourselves. 
2. Have set running/work-out days. I'm hoping this will help me plan my workouts and running goals ahead of time versus scrambling to get on the treadmill at 10pm each night. 
3. Have 1 date with Dan each month. 
4. Create a loving, creative, nurturing home. I want our home to be vibrant, to be a space that pushes our kids (and us) to think and challenge ourselves and to let our imaginations run wild. 
5. Make some big time progress on my 30 by 30 list. 

Lets do this, 2013!

2012's resolutions HERE.
2011's resolutions HERE and HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...