Life on Cottage Hill: PAGES

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

new year's eve 2013.

It's the last day of 2013. The babies and I are still in our pajamas, they are building block towers and I'm finalizing my goals for 2014. Dan is working and has a wild and crazy night planned for us at The Home Depot. No joke, The Home Depot. 

This past year has held some of my highest highs and also some of my lowest lows. I realize that the lows were shallow compared to the stories of so many from this past year. And my highs have been higher than deserved. We are blessed, that is abundantly clear, but all too often taken for granted. 

The room for improvement in all parts of my life is incredible, even overwhelming. I have so much to learn. I have so much to give. I have so much progress to make. And thankfully I have 2014 to work on doing just that, making progress. 

So, with that, here are my 10 goals for 2014- each one is rooted in the following vision:

"To spend each day with intention by the choices I make with my time, energy and resources to strengthen my family -physically, emotionally & spiritually- and using that strength to give to others."

These are in no priority order... 
1. Take my health to the next level by eliminating gluten from my diet.
2. Run a 1/2 marathon. Finally. I had registered for one this past year but had to miss it because of being pregnant with Jonah. So, August 30, Jackson Hole, Wyoming. It's happening.
3. Plant a garden this spring and use it as a teaching tool for JP and Audrey. 
4. Visit at least 3 new states. 
5. Spend time in God's word daily. Preferably first thing in the morning. 
6. Begin a supplemental home-schooling program. More on that later... 
7. Take my role in orphan advocacy to the next level. 
8. Figure out how to take my professional skills and apply them to social good. 
9. Provide 80% clean foods for our family.
10. Incorporate fresh juices from veggies and fruit into our family meals daily. We must pump more veggies into Jackson's diet and work harder to discourage all of the treats in his life. We started the veggie juice plan a few days ago and so far he's doing great with it. 

Oh, and maybe an honorary #11 would be to give birth to a healthy Jonah Daniel and survive the winter with a newborn, 2 year old and (almost) 4 year old. 

Lets do this, 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...