Life on Cottage Hill: PAGES

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

100% random

We have a lot going on right now. Almost entirely all really good stuff, but still a lot of it. It is putting my mind into over-drive. When you're a 'type A' and you're already overdriven mind goes into an even higher gear the only solution is to make a list. So, I am making a list of all the random things flying around in there in hopes of letting some of it fall naturally into place.


1. Beginning on March 18th Dan will be working 7 days a week, every week, for 3 months. Not a single day off. To make it even harder, he will be gone for even longer hours than normal. In other words: A. He's going to be burnt OUT, B. I will basically be a single mom- which means I need to fit in a full time job + taking care of JP on my own + everything else I do into the same amount of hours & C. Dan and Jackson will get to see each other for maybe 30 minutes a day, if that.


2. We decided that such a stressful time would be the perfect timing to begin a major home renovation which I have already briefly talked about. I am hoping we can take a mini break on this for the most part during Dan's crazy work phase.


3. These few months also happen to ironically coincide with the biggest projects I've ever had at work. Biggest meaning... hardest, most time-consuming, cannot-mess-them-up, strict deadlines. You get the picture. 


4. God has answered a couple of big prayers of mine recently. 1: I found a regular volunteer opportunity at Church that I am already loving. I am helping to teach in the Kindergarten class on Sunday mornings. Let me just say that Kindergarteners say the MOST hilarious things. 2: I have joined a bible study with some lady friends. We meet every other week and have really inspiring, funny conversations- I am so blessed to have been given these new friendships that I will cherish. 


5. Within the past 2 weeks I have purchased family annual passes to both The Museum Center and The Zoo. Jackson LOVES the museum already and as soon as this spring weather cooperates I'm sure he's going to love the zoo too. (PS: Dan if your'e reading this: we bought a zoo membership, I think I forgot to tell you that...) These passes are going to come in really handy for the many, many Mama/JP dates we are about to have over the long string of Dan-less weekends coming up.


6. We have decided (as of an hour ago) to take a spontaneous trip this weekend to Charlotte. Dan needs to go for a quick work thing so we're going to turn it into a fun family thing and go for a long weekend. We haven't packed, we haven't dealt with the logistics of completely moving our work calendars around to allow for the time away, we haven't arranged for a place for the doggies to go, we haven't fixed the headlight in the car that needs to be changed before we leave, we haven't ... done anything EXCEPT totally soaked up this opportunity to spend total Dan-Jessica-Jackson time together road-trip-adventure-style. I'll figure all that other stuff out tomorrow since the plan is to leave right after work on Thursday.


So, with all of that said, making this list actually ended up doing nothing but making me realize how much I have to do, so I'm off to do it! Good night!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is a lot! Let us know if there's anything we can do to help when things get crazy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...