Life on Cottage Hill: PAGES

Sunday, March 20, 2011

when forever doesn't feel long enough

I have no idea why I am still awake. I made this pact with myself at the beginning of the year that I was going to try my best to be in bed by 10:30 every night. Yeah, right. That has happened maybe a handful of times. So, I think I'm just going to give up on that goal and be okay with it. Life is too short to sleep when your mind is dancing and your heart is just aching for more time, more time to just live.


This morning I was helping in the kindergarten class at church and the lesson was around 'everlasting life' - and as we were going through the bible stories my mind was filling with visions of what heaven will be like and how we cannot even begin to imagine the paradise that awaits us- and that in itself is mind-blowing. 


But, the thing is... the thing is that my life- our life- the life of my little family already feels like heaven. Sometimes I feel like I probably squeeze Jackson too tightly and that the way I sometimes watch Dan sleep is borderline creepy... but I do it because I am so in love with being in love with them. And in moments like that- in moments like right now- forever just doesn't feel like long enough. 


Tomorrow brings the start to another week of opportunities- and most certainty a lot of chaos will sure to follow. I am realizing that life is too short to get caught up in the drama of 'busy' and 'stressed' and 'tired'... so I pray that I'll take this week one day at a time, living in peaceful balance. I pray that I will live in the moment, because life happens in the moments that we all too often are hurrying along. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stating again the importance of enjoying life as it happens. I can always use the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...