Life on Cottage Hill: PAGES

Sunday, October 16, 2011

I'm not sure how you could have a bad weekend with a face like that around, but at the risk of sounding redundant and overly obvious... we had a great one. 

That little angel of mine, he has an mischievous side to him, especially when Sammy is around. Poor Sammy, all the guy wants is to live in peace- peace full of naps and treats, but Jackson always has other things in mind.  

It's a love-hate relationship, really with the balance leaning more towards "love" as Jackson gets older and Sammy realizes the kid has real value in his ability to now access the treat cabinet all on his own.


The weather this weekend was fall at its best so this afternoon we ventured out after church to take a hike. I'm not going to lie, being able to take hikes in our own backyard is pretty much the best thing ever- especially when I think of all the memories Jackson and Audrey are going to make on these acres and acres of land covered in hills and wooded trails.


These are the moments I have to remind myself of when all of the renovation work on the house becomes overwhelming and seemingly unending. I have to remind myself that we didn't buy the perfect house, we bought the perfect location... and the house is what we are slowly turning into our home. Our perfect home.







Of many things I'm unsure, but of one thing I am confident- that those little legs will have more than enough room to run, more than enough room to explore, more than enough room to have a childhood full of adventures.



As we headed back to the house for nap time I couldn't help but think that in less than a month we'll have another perfect little soul to introduce this world to, another perfect little soul to add to our hike. I can't imagine a more beautiful or amazing adventure than this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...