Life on Cottage Hill: PAGES

Monday, January 16, 2012

rambling.

This morning I bribed Jackson with treats if he would let me cut his hair. We have approximately 10 women in this family who cut hair for a living and yet somehow I decided it would be a better idea for me to do it this time. Probably because I was trying to find new ways to procrastinate from cleaning the house and I looked up and realized the little man's hair was out-of-control-big-time. So, he sat on the kitchen floor inhaling fruit snacks while I chopped at his hair with the same pair of kitchen shears that I had just cut prunes up with 10 minutes earlier.

And this, my friends, is a typical morning on maternity leave.

This is not exactly how I enjoy beginning the week. The laundry piles, dishes in the sink, floors with dirt on them, babies who need baths, mama who needs a shower for that matter... yep, not so much my vision. But we're going on 3 straight weeks with at least one person being sick in this house and I happen to have been the lucky one who has caught every one of those bugs, so it is what it is. I'll go into my typical freak-out-because-the-house-isn't-perfect mode once Jackson goes down for a nap and we'll be back in business by the time Dan comes home from work.

In the meantime, I'm off to watch Jackson attempt to empty every single toy, book and you-name-it out of the pretty little baskets I have them all organized in. It's what he does. And he does it quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...