Life on Cottage Hill: PAGES

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

my little gentleman.

Jackson is absolutely a 2 year old little boy who tests boundaries, runs and jumps more than he walks and periodically spends quality time with the time-out step, but more often than not he is a total gentleman. He is so loving and affectionate with us- especially Audrey- and melts my heart multiple times throughout the week. 

The other night he and Dan went to play at the park while Audrey and I finished making dinner, when they came home Jackson was clearly trying to hide something behind his back when walking into the house. When he saw me he had the most proud smile on his face and said, "I have something to show you," and then presented me with a flower he had picked for me at the park. It was so sweet (and really quite funny because the way he said it came out with a slight Russian accent if that makes any sense at all? If not, trust me it was funny). 

Last night we were on our way to dinner and Audrey was babbling in the backseat and laughing at herself which Jackson found amusing, he looked at her laughing and said "Oh, Audrey, I love you." It was so natural and nonchalant. When we arrived to the restaurant I asked him if he wanted to sit on the side of the table with mommy or daddy. He replied with "mommy" but then changed his mind and said "daddy." I asked him if he was sure he wanted to sit with stinky daddy and he very seriously looked at me and said, "no mommy, he is a nice daddy."

Oh goodness I love him so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...