Life on Cottage Hill: PAGES

Monday, March 17, 2014

{life lately- jonah at 5 weeks}


Jonah bug requires a lot, a LOT of cuddle time. He's also decided that he's going to be grumpy every night from around 9 until midnight.  Luckily, he's seriously cute.

I'm not a big fan of the "selfie" but I've realized that if my children are going to have any evidence that I actually existed in their youngest years then I'm going to have to resort to it since I'm always the one taking pictures. 

Jonah and I also got our first post-baby run in this week. My incredibly slow pace bored him right to sleep. Unfortunately, my lingering sinus infection (yes, I still have one.. it's miserable) has kept me from running again. I'm hoping to get back out there later this week assuming I start feeling better. 

And we're attempting to stay busy and entertained without Dan around. We are almost 2 weeks in to his new work schedule that lasts until May- he is working 7 days a week and long shifts which means I'm pretty much on my own.  


Oh, and I may have turned the big 3-0 this week. More on that later... 


I have moments every day amid the sleep deprivation insanity where I just stop and think... are these three really mine? Was I really chosen to be their mom? Crazy blessed. 

...with my 5 week old Jonah. This week he is suddenly very alert. He likes to be held upright when he's awake so he can turn all around and look at everything. He has also started to smile a lot more and coo a little bit. I love this little man so much.  

Audrey doing what Audrey loves best, reading books. Today she came up to me and said, "Mommy I need to tell you something... you have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And you are the gal who'll decide where to go." ...she may be a mean little 2 year old, but she amazes me with the stuff she knows. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...