Life on Cottage Hill: PAGES

Monday, October 20, 2014

the theater.

One of my most favorite things to do growing up and one of my most favorite things to do now is going to the theater- musicals, ballet, plays... I love them all. And I want my babies to experience all of it with me. There is so much magic that happens on the stage- it inspires us, moves us, sets our imaginations free. This year I decided both Audrey and Jackson were old enough to start getting season tickets to The Children's Theater of Cincinnati. 

The shows take place at the historic Taft Theater downtown which happens to be right across the street from my office- they loved walking by mommy's office and wanted to know every thing about it. The first show of the season was Beauty and the Beast- it was incredible! Audrey was especially enamored... I don't think she looked away from the stage once. And before the show we went to the Kid's Club which allows the kids to meet the characters, go backstage, learn about the theater, etc. She was so cute to watch, very serious about paying attention when the actors were reading from the Beauty and The Beast book. 

My babies and I (and Dan when made to go) will be theater partners for a lifetime, I'm sure of it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...