Life on Cottage Hill: PAGES

Sunday, May 26, 2013

day one: frankfurt, germany

My colleagues- Jeanne, Miguel, Megan- and I flew through the night from Cincinnati to DC to Frankfurt, arriving at 11am local time (5am Cincinnati time) this morning. We spent the day exploring Frankfurt with umbrellas in tow as it rained on and off all day. We were pleasantly surprised to find a festival a few blocks away from our hotel which meant great music and food, but also that the city's shops stayed open much later today than normal. Typically in Europe most stores are closed on Sundays and those that are open close very early. 

I had to force myself to sleep last night on the plan. I always get get overly excited in business class with the endless movies and all-you-can eat and drink everything, but I forced myself to go to sleep at some point while flying over the Atlantic and caught around 4 hours of sleep. That lack of sleep is definitely catching up with me. I'm going to try to get a quick work-out in then get to bed so I'm refreshed when our work begins early tomorrow morning. 

I would do anything to have my babies snuggling in bed with me tonight, but have convinced myself that they are having too much fun at home with Daddy to even think about me. 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...