Life on Cottage Hill: PAGES

Sunday, May 5, 2013

flying pig 2013.

This morning I ran the Flying Pig Marathon Relay- my leg was just under 7 miles. 
It was painful. But then incredible. 
It's always like that for me when I run. 
I sort of hate it while I'm doing it but then when I realize what I accomplished I can't wait to do it again. 
Oh, and I'm sore. Really sore. 
I'll also mention how emotional it was at points in the race- there were a lot, a LOT of supporters, signs, running gear all paying tribute to Boston. Pretty incredible really, to see how many complete strangers can all come together to support people they don't even know, to lift each other up. I think maybe that's why I love running so much- there's nothing political or dramatic about it, just one foot in front of the other, competing against yourself and cheering for everyone around you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...