Life on Cottage Hill: PAGES

Saturday, August 9, 2014

pillow mates.

This is what I have woken up to almost every morning for the past 5 months or so. Her name is Audrey and she's a nightmare. A literal nightmare when it comes to sleeping. It started when Dan was working a crazy work schedule and wasn't around for 3 months, Jonah was a newborn, she was transitioning to a big girl bed and I was on the edge of losing my mind... the Peanut picked up on the opportunity to take full advantage and her perfect sleeping habits went out the window. I was hoping we would be through it by now, especially being back to work full-time, and some nights things are somewhat better, but most of the time not and there is no disciplinary strategy that works- I've tried them all, I've tried them all consistently. On nights like the ones we've been having - when Jonah is up to eat at least once, if not twice, and Audrey screams for me from her bed around 4 (like clock work!)... I try to remind myself that everything with kids is a phase- the good and the bad. Oh, Audrey, please tell me this phase is ending soon. You are the sweetest pillow mate, the most beautiful face to wake up to each morning, but I need need some peaceful sleep desperately. One day, they will all sleep, right? I'm sure of it. At least that is the hope that will get me through... monsters.

1 comment:

  1. I feel you! Hank was my perfect, thumb-sucking, little sleeper until we moved to Akron... and then between staying at a hotel, moving, and transitioning to a big boy bed he turned into a night waker. No mater what we tried (with consistency!), nothing worked. It was just a phase... a LONG phase... after 6 months of waking he finally grew out of it. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...