Life on Cottage Hill: PAGES

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

"it's never too late to be brand new" t. swift

Sometimes there is just nothing better than a fresh start. A blank canvas. An opportunity to start over. Today is not only a new day, but it is also the start to a new month and I am completely embracing this big do-over that has been handed to me. 


I came across this quote today by Gandhi and it really spoke to me:
"Each one has to find its peace from within. And peace, to be real, must be unaffected by outside circumstances."


On this new day that happens to be the start of a new month I am vowing to take a few moments to re-energize my new year's resolution to be PEACEFULLY BALANCED. To align my time and my energy completely, with the utmost harmony, to my top priories... and, in turn, to be at peace. 


I have been wearing my phrase of the year around my neck for a few weeks now. Whenever I am in the moment and feeling anxious or worried I reach up and just hold my necklace that was made so beautifully by Lisa Leonard designs and remind myself to take a deep breath and put whatever it is that is bothering me in perspective, because what I have learned time and time again is that the urgent is seldom important and the important is seldom urgent. That the areas of my life that deserve and need my full heart are rarely demanding in such a way that induces anxiety. That the areas of my life that are causing such stress are most always areas that can be altered if needed to fit more seamlessly into the second place slot that they deserve. And it is up to me to make the changes to allow for that fit. 


And what I'm finding more and more every day, is that when I'm truly at peace, when I'm truly peacefully balanced I seem to find more and more joy everywhere I look. Joy seems to seep into my every thought, action and move... and to live with such joy is to live peacefully I think. 


Thank you to my good friend Kristen for pointing out that joy is "deep and abiding confidence that all is well regardless of circumstance or difficulty." Beautiful, absolutely beautiful.


Here is to a NEW day and if this day isn't working out for you I encourage you to start over fresh this very minute, because it is never too late to be brand new.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...