Life on Cottage Hill: PAGES

Friday, January 14, 2011

'every child is an artist... the problem is trying to figure out how to remain an artist as an adult' -picasso

Tonight I had a moment. A hold-my-breath, how-did-this-day-come moment. 


I couldn't believe I was actually addressing birthday party invitations for Jackson. 1 year! 365 days! 8,760 hours! Unbelievable. The best 525,600 seconds of my life, no doubt. 


I don't know if there is a hard line drawn in the sand somewhere that officially makes a baby a little boy, but if there is I think Jackson may have crossed it this week. All of a sudden it feels like he is this little man. Walking (practically running), talking, eating (a LOT), sleeping like a champ, getting teeth like crazy... I could go on. There is just something so "toddler" about him, something so grown up. As much as I wish time would slow down, I do love that my baby is becoming a little boy. I love watching him explore and learn and fit so perfectly into his own personality. And let me tell you, he has a bigger personality than most adults I know. 


I found this verse a few days ago that I found to be really beautiful- it really spoke to me, really connected with the vision that we, as parents, are trying to establish in our home: 


"By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established; through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures" -Proverbs 24:3-4. 


His thinking face. Always thinking, always trying to figure stuff out...

Peek-a-boo!

I love his tongue-concentration... 

Another sign of being a total toddler.... so into his toys. Very busy boy.


He straight up sprints with his walking toy. Sammy runs for fear of his life whenever it comes out.

Love those chubby cheeks.

Playing with his ABC magnets 

This is what he does when Daddy is in the bathroom. Patiently waiting.

Patience over. Now just trying to reach in to the other side...

Oh, Sammy. We still love you LOTS!

I'm a big boy!

My little walker who impatiently just wants to run.

Proud Daddy.

I love you, Jackson Philip!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...