Life on Cottage Hill: PAGES

Monday, July 28, 2014

headlines.

10 random headlines from my first day back to work...

1. After 6 months of not having to listen to it, I confirmed this morning that I still loathe the sound of my alarm clock.  
2. Much to my disappointment, Jonah decided that sleeping through the night would not be a good going-back-to-work present. On the plus side, at least I get extra cuddles with him around 3:00 every morning :).
3. My new team is a lot of fun. I already like them all a lot. 
4. Team dinners are also a lot of fun, but it made for a very long first day back... I finally got home to my babies a little before 9:00pm and thankfully they were all still awake. 
5. Add up #s 1, 2 & 4 and you've got yourself one exhausted lady. 
6. Jackson proved that you can in fact be too proactive... the past few days I had been noticing annoying little gnats in our house and couldn't figure out where they were coming from. Dan found the source: JP had at some point went ahead and packed his lunch for school several weeks early and then put his lunchbox in his locker in the den. GROSS! Dan cleaned out the unidentifiable rotten "lunch" tonight.
7. Jonah missed his mama- he greeted me with waving his chubby little arms for me to pick him up and then proceeded to pull me in for several very wet kisses. Adorable.
8. I would like to take a moment to "thank" coffee for getting me through this day. Don't ever underestimate the power of (several) cups of coffee to get you through emotionally draining days. 
9. Not only do I really like my new team, but the work itself is going to be a lot of fun. I have really good feelings about this new assignment. 
10. ...and now time for some late evening cuddles with 2 very sleepy monsters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...