Life on Cottage Hill: PAGES

Monday, November 1, 2010

'There is an angel growin’ peacefully'

I have always loved babies. I have always been fascinated by pregnancy and motherhood and all the magic that comes along with it, but since having Jackson my wonder and amazement have sky-rocketed, to the moon and sure to never come back down. It is for this reason and so many more that I am so happy and in awe that my "little" cousin and his wife are about to experience it all too.

Yesterday, Jackson joined the ladies and I for a baby shower in honor of Kelly and little Zoe who will be making her debut shortly. Kelly: if you're reading this- 1. you are the most adorable pregnant mama ever and 2. below are the lyrics to a song that I listened to often when I was pregnant with Jackson. It made me cry every time. It is called "Capri" by Colbie Callliat. You must download it- so, so beautiful!

We can't wait to meet you Zoe!

She’s got a baby inside
And holds her belly tight


All through the night
Just so she knows
She’s sleeping so
Safely to keep
Her growing





And oh when she'll open her eyes
There'll be no surprise
That she'll grow to be
So beautifully
Just like her mother
That’s carrying


Oh Capri
She’s beauty
Baby inside she’s loving

Oh Capri
She’s beauty
There is and angel growin’ peacefully



And things will be hard at times
But I've learned to try
Just listening
Patiently, oh Capri
Sweet baby



Oh Capri
She’s beauty
Baby inside she’s loving

Oh Capri
Your beauty
Just like your mother
That’s carrying...Oh Capri 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...