Life on Cottage Hill: PAGES

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Puppy Eyes

Before there was a Jackson, before there was a Mr and Mrs Engel, there was a Sammy- our first son (of the furry variety). Dan gave Sammy Davis Engel to me as a gift while we were dating a little over 4 years ago. I fell in love, he was- and still is- my buddy for life, my loyal companion. I wanted to reciprocate the best gift I had ever received and so for my wedding gift to Dan I gave to him Bing Crosby Engel, the German Shepard Dan had been dreaming of. 


And they too became a bonded pair. The best of friends. Flash forward to today- we now have 3 boys: Sammy, Bing and now Jackson. We love them all dearly. And they love each other dearly. 

Although some (Sammy) get annoyed with others (Jackson) because someone (Jackson) likes to pull someone else's hair (Sammy). That's okay, I have completely confidence they'll mutually decide to be BFFs sooner than later. 


Now to the sad part of this little story- Poor Bing hurt himself last night. I took him to the vet today and it turns out he broke his leg. He's on pain medication now, sleeping inside resting up in anticipation of having surgery next week.

He is so depressed. He doesn't understand why he has to lay around inside and why his leg is wrapped up. I hate seeing him so sad. And I hate even more the thought of him having to go through surgery. Ugh. 

Those defeated puppy eyes are enough to melt my heart. 

Send up some puppy prayers please...

1 comment:

  1. Aw! Poor Bing. At least you were able to catch it and get him some pain meds to get through the weekend. He'll be back up and around in no time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...