Life on Cottage Hill: PAGES

Saturday, December 11, 2010

homework assignment

one of the methods to the madness that is this blog is that i have been turning my posts into books for jackson. so as i rush to get all of 2010 published for him i had a brainstorm of how to not only incorporate my thoughts, ideas, wishes, but also those of the other leading figures in his life- Dan and his grandparents. below is the email i sent out this week explaining the homework assignment i had for these people... my mom, of course, already diligently completed her's and i'm so intrigued to see what answers each comes up with... 


Mom, Dad, Nancy, Joe & Dan:

I have a homework assignment for each of you :) - I know, you are all groaning and possibly rolling your eyes, but I promise it should be fun, hopefully thought-provoking and definitely worth the time it will take, which shouldn't actually be very much at all.

As you probably know I am turning my blog into books for Jackson to keep when he's older as they document our lives on an every day level and though my blog I am sharing my thoughts, views of life and memories with him. The original plan was to turn all of my blog posts into a book once a year so he would have one book per each year of his life- I am actually now doing it on a quarterly basis because apparently I blog too much to fit all of them into one book! In any case, I am working on his last book of this first year of his life and would like your help.

I would like to ask the most important people in his life a few questions at the end of each year and will then include those answers in his book. I want him to not only know you as his grandparents as he knows you today, but I want him to really understand how you view the world, how you grew up, the lessons you have learned along the way and all of the dreams that you have for him.

So, with that being said I have listed below the 3 questions I would like each of you to answer for 2010. It would be really great if you could answer these 3 questions sometime before the middle of January as I would like to have all 4 books from 2010 published by his birthday! 

Note: I would also like for his great-grandparents to answer these as well, but realize that may be more difficult to arrange, however I'm going to try my best. And Dan and I will be answering them as well, of course.

Thank you in advance for indulging in my little project :)

The 3 Questions:
1. What is the best piece of advice you have ever been given and who gave it to you?
2. What was your biggest childhood dream?
3. What are 3 things you know now that you wish you would have known earlier in your life?

Love,
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...