Life on Cottage Hill: PAGES

Sunday, September 16, 2012

philippians 2:13

I pray often for God to tell me if I'm on the right track, if I'm doing what he put me here to do and to give me some hints on what I'm supposed to do next. Any by "hints" I mean, just please tell me exactly what your purpose is for me and please do tell me NOW! It's the impatient side of me asking for all of this. And it's the perfectionist side of me. It's very "me" to want to please Him so badly and to know that I'm making the most of my life. 

And for as many times as I've prayed this to Him, I still am so humbled and so surprised, really, when he answers my prayers and starts to lay things out very clearly to me. Almost like a teacher spelling the lesson out to his student very carefully so that they don't miss it, so that they couldn't' possibly misinterpret the instructions. 

I can't go into details now, but I will say that God has been whispering in my hear very loudly over the past couple of weeks and a seed that he planted in me a long time ago is starting to grow very strongly. "For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him." -Philippians 2:13. (isn't it funny how little verses such as this one pop up in front of you just as you're thinking about the very message it is conveying?). This desire that he has placed in my heart is a passion that is almost overbearing, taking over so many of my thoughts and has me tediously researching and seeking to understand even better so that I can not only accept this mission he is sending me on, but live it out with as much bold faith as he already has in me. 

I've, of course, already been avidly sharing all of this with Dan. His response? Zero questions asked, zero judgement, zero cynicism. Only complete support, faith and love. Why am I surprised? Obviously God wouldn't have asked me to live out such a purpose without providing for me a partner to fulfill it with. 

There is so much wrong with this world. So, so much. So much to fear, to hate, to let get you down... if you let it. But, what is most important and deserves so much more of my energy and my attention is that for all that is wrong, there is so much more that is good. And if we listen with our hearts open, He will provide a way for us to keep focused on all the endless hope and will give us each our purpose (or many purposes) to fulfill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...