Life on Cottage Hill: PAGES

Thursday, August 5, 2010

JP Updates

My little man will be 6 months old this Sunday- 6 months! I cannot believe it. It feels like only a few weeks ago I was still carrying him around in my tummy. I caught myself resting my hands on my stomach the other day out of habit like I used to do when I was pregnant. I still can't believe that was Jackson in there all those months- what an incredible miracle.

We will take some official 6 month photos on Sunday, but in the meantime, here are his monthly photos so far- he has changed and grown so much already! Slow down, little man, slow down...






I also wanted to give a recap of how his sleep has progressed this week after our new sleep training plan that I alluded to earlier this week:


Monday: Bed time routine & then laid him down drowsy but awake. No crying- went straight to sleep. Woke up an hour later b/c Sammy was being a grumpy pup and woke him up barking. I went in, gave him his paci and walked out. He went right back to sleep and slept until 6:00am!

Tuesday: Bed time routine & then laid him down drowsy- again, right to sleep, no crying. Cried a little bit around 11:00pm, I went in to check on him and he must have been having a bad dream, so I rolled him onto his tummy and he never opened his eyes. Slept until 6:10am!

Wednesday: We were helping at Bible School so our routine was not exactly on point, so he did cry for about 10 minutes- I went in every 5 minutes to reassure him. He fell asleep and slept until 4:30am- I fed him at that point b/c I could tell he was hungry then he went back to sleep until 6:15.

Thursday: (tonight) He cried for 16 minutes- I went in after 5 and then again after 10 and then he fell asleep. He has been sleeping like a champ ever since!

I am so proud of all of us for knowing that this was the right time to get his sleep back on track. I know for a fact that he is much more well-rested and therefore happier because of sleeping better at night. He is growing and learning so much right now so he needs his rest!

Now, I must go supervise my husband who is making homemade soap. Yes, you heard me correctly, homemade soap. 

PS: I just found this video on one of the baby blogs I follow- it is hilarious and completely adorable. Mark my words, if Dan ever has to put JP to bed and I'm not home this is what will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...