Life on Cottage Hill: PAGES

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Faith & Coffee

I am a planner. I am an organizer. I am creative yet in need of serious self-guided-structure. All of these characteristics of myself also mean that I HATE when I am rushed in the morning. The chaos that sometimes accompanies morning routines make me feel incredibly uncomfortable. Thanks to a lot of pre-planning I am able to avoid 95% of the potential chaos that could be a result of getting myself and an infant up, ready and out the door by 6:50 every morning, but there are always elements to my morning that I cannot control- such as traffic, parking availability, the weather- and these things stress me out when I'm trying to get into the office by a certain time. 

So, what starts out as a beautifully calm and peaceful start to the day with Jackson ends up with me feeling stressed and irritable by the end of my hour commute. But, I have found a somewhat solution. I now have my morning coffee with a dose of faith. 

Let me explain what the 2 key pieces of this: COFFEE and FAITH: 

1. I need coffee. I love coffee. I gave it up entirely along with all other forms of caffeine for a long 40 weeks when expecting Jackson but I"m back on the coffee bandwagon and I'm okay with that. I just have to be careful when I drink the coffee since I am nursing him, but that's an entirely different story.

2. So, like I said, I nurse Jackson. This means that since I work full-time I have to go to the lactation room a few times a day. I always take work with me to maintain productivity, but on my first trip there every morning I have been taking a devotional book that has incredibly short, but inspiring daily reads that begin with a bible verse and then followed by a paragraph of thought-provoking words. I love it. It not only centers me after a long commute to the office but it also puts my mind in the perfect place to live out the rest of my day fully. 

So, my two morning staples are now a little bit of coffee and a little bit of faith- they both go a long way to a perfect day.

I LOVED the verse that began today's devotional: Hebrews 11:1 "FAITH is being sure of things we hope for and certain of what we do not see." 

I am hoping for a lot of things today, as always and I have complete faith that God not only is keenly aware of these things, but he will answer all of my prayers. Maybe not in the way I would answer them, but then again that is why He is God and I am not. 

So, keep hoping, keep praying. Keep working hard to better yourself and have a little a lot of faith that amazing things are in store for you! As I heard in church last week, "always be content with what you HAVE (things), but never be content with who you ARE."- always, always keep growing!

1 comment:

  1. That is a super verse and one to really think about each day! I am here from Top Mommy Blogs! Come visit mama's Little Chick. have a great night!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...