Life on Cottage Hill: PAGES

Friday, August 20, 2010

Dear Friday night- so nice to see you!

This has been a crazy busy week- productive- but busy, so as I sit here my head is still spinning a little bit from the past few days- so thank you in advance for letting me get my random thoughts out- none of which have any real connection to each other except that they are all dancing around in my head:


1. I am loving the ice cream I am eating right now. We very rarely have unhealthy foods in our house. So, on the occasion when I am just craving something sweet it usually requires an extra trip out. Tonight the extra trip out that Sammy and I made was 100% worth it.  


2. My newest niece has arrived! Violet Olivia was born late Wednesday night in Denver. She is absolutely adorable and beautiful and precious. I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty sure I have the most beautiful nieces and nephew. PS: We now have 6 grand babies under the age of 3- Love it!


3. Like I mentioned, it was a crazy week at work. Lucky for me I do well when things are crazy and busy. I feed off of it. The bigger my list and the more important my projects the happier I am. The happier I am the more productive I am. It's a beautiful cycle. The week was topped off with an all afternoon workshop today. I can't really talk about the specifics, but it was one of those experiences where I sort of have to pinch myself a little bit and ask "how did I get so lucky to do this kind of work" - sitting in a room with some of the most brilliant and intelligent people you could imagine and just dreaming BIG and brainstorming your hearts out, coming up with new ideas and inventions that all of you will hopefully see in market over the next several years. PS: Did I mention that I got to draw upon Jackson as my inspiration? Yep, we were dreaming up big ideas for babies, my most favorite subject.


4. It's the weekend. Endless Jackson & Dan time. Need I say more? 


5. This weekend's to-do list includes: making more baby food, cleaning the house from top to bottom, meeting Jackson's newest friend Ethan who is 2 weeks old today, church, reading, relaxing... heavenly stuff. 


6. A few random things that I wrote in my journal this week- many from a book Dan & I are reading on Goal-setting:


-Faith, happiness, love, enthusiasm, success... they are all contagious- go and spread them!


-"The truth is, everything that has happened in my life that I thought was a crushing event at the time has turned out to be for the better." - Warren Buffett


-"The potential of an average person is like a huge ocean unsailed, a new continent unexplored, a world of possibilities waiting to be released and channeled toward some great good." Brian Tracy


-Your mind has the power to create almost every aspect of your life. You become what you think about most of the time.


-Studies show that the average person only uses 10% of his/her potential and only 2% of their mental potential. (that was mind-blowing to me!)


-"The elevator to success is out of service, but the stairs are always open." - Zig Ziglar


-The greatest enemies of success & happiness are negative emotions of any kind. 


-You are the master of your fate and the captain of your soul.


-"Realize what you really want- it stops you from chasing butterflies and puts you to work digging gold." -William M. Marsden


-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...